I-ON AIR: I-ON AIR UVC DISINFECTION
By Alteria Automation
THE NEED I-ON AIR IS ADDRESSING IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID. It is now a proven fact that the principal spread of the COVID-19 is airborne like many other viruses such as influenza. Closed environments such as office space, restaurants, hotels, hospitals; have been proven as places where infection is most likely to happen.
Alteria’s I-ON AIR HVAC disinfection product line resolves the most important challenges:
- Proven to be effective: 99.86% elimination of Covid-19 in only one second exposure, certified on accredited laboratories (INTA, SGS)
- Provides process traceability: Full monitoring of the disinfection process and air quality in real-time forwarding disinfection data to a cloud server.
- Customer confidence: I-ON AIR improves the customer confidence to enter in safety closed spaces such as hospitals, restaurants, hotels, airports etc.
Helping economic recovery: I-ON AIR provides governments a tool to increase occupancy rates and lower restrictions in public places, paving the way to an economic recovery in the post Covid-19 era.
WHAT IS THE PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY
UVC (ultraviolet C) radiation has been used with success for years to inactivate virus in (HVAC) Air Conditioner systems, being standardized and certified by bodies such as the EPA in the USA.
The implementation of existing UVC disinfection system is however problematic:
- There is no standard size for HVAC conduit. Each installation is different. Ultraviolet disinfection systems have to be designed and built for each installation, making UVC systems expensive and time consuming to fit.
- UVC is emitted by (CFL) Florescent lamps that use cathode electrodes. That makes them energy inefficient and life is limited to 8000 hours
- Fluorescent lamps usually installed in the mid of the HVAC duct create load loss and turbulence leading to vibration that further shortens lamp life.
- Most important: Existing systems don’t provide any traceability of the disinfection process. As important as providing an air disinfection system is to provide reliable data that certifies the radiation levels are good enough to provide safe air
Alteria Automation has designed & developed from scratch a 100% proprietary solution, that fully addresses all these problems, making its product I-ON AIR, probably the most complete, secure and smart air HVAC disinfection solution in the market.
- Standardisation: One model fits all. A modular system that dramatically lowers acquisition cost.
- Energy efficient & long life: Higher efficiency UV-C lamp with long life (over 45,000 hours).
- Process traceability: Multi-sensor system that provides consistent data of the disinfection process, including a server side solution (cloud) that makes the disinfection system truly smart using AI to post-process such data.
- No turbulence or load loss induced: UVC irradiating lamps are not located in the middle of the duct, eliminating airflow problems.
OBJECTIVES FOR THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT
The objectives for the financial support are the following:
– Obtain full certification: (EMC, Security, Virus Deactivation & CE Marking)
– Reach Series Production
– UV-C System (I-ON AIR) Go to market from working prototype to series production (TRL 9)